Looking for better Animoto alternatives? Lucky for you, I have prepared an extensive list of all the alternatives to Animoto.
We can all agree that out of texts, photos, and videos, videos grab the attention of most of the audiences. Logically, using videos for brand marketing, product promotion, or simply to educate is considered to be the best.
But that’s easier said than done…
That’s where special video maker and editor tools like Animoto come into the picture. With the help of this, you can start creating awesome videos by adding effects and transitions.
If you are a beginner, Animoto would be the perfect video editor tool for you. But what if you are looking to create jaw-dropping, professional-looking videos?
My dear friend, Animoto is not built for such advanced video editing needs. Hence, you would be needing some advanced video editing tools.
Lucky for you, I have curated a list of 10 best Animoto alternatives of 2020 that offers advanced video editing and making services.
But before exploring them, allow me to briefly talk about –
What Is Animoto & What Is Animoto Used For?
Animoto is a cloud application that allows you to create videos or presentation slideshows by combining photos, video clips, and music templates.
In a way, you can say that it is an advanced version of Microsoft PowerPoint as it basically combines photo and video clips.
No advanced video editing features are available with Animoto.
As a result of this, the user base of Animoto majorly comprises students, entry-level video marketers, and newbie bloggers.
Why do you need to look for Animoto Alternatives?
Apart from your own personal reasons, I have also found a few major setbacks with Animoto –
- The free version offers little to no video templates and stock libraries.
- You do not have the flexibility to customize the Animoto templates.
- The video created and exported in the Animoto version will have its brand watermark.
- For more features and templates, you’d have to subscribe to its expensive plans.
To answer your question, “How much does Animoto cost?”, here’s a brief rundown of its pricing structure –
- A free plan with basic features and lots of limitations.
- A Professional plan that would cost $65/month and offer access to custom branding, 3000+ music tracks, etc.
- A Team plan worth $94/month that is built only for teams and agencies for multiple accesses.
Now that you have realized that the only option left for you is to look for Animoto alternatives, it’s time for us to explore them in detail.
List of 10 Best Paid & Free Animoto Alternatives
Let’s start with –
Filmora9 is yet another Animoto alternatives that allows you to create and edit videos at a professional level. It is basically one of the products of the Filmora series, each one uniquely capable of creating awesome videos.
As of now, over 50,000,000 users are using Filmora products for their video creating and editing needs. And, believe me, when I say that they find them very easy to use and operate.
- Filmora9 allows you to create intricate videos by providing you with 100 media layers.
- Just like other alternatives to Animoto, Filmora9 also provides a Green Screen effect for video layering.
- This software is also capable of refining and balancing your audio by removing background noise.
- It is perfectly capable of creating and exporting videos in 4K HD resolution.
- Filmora9 also offers you the option to directly share or publish your videos to the appropriate social media channels.
One of the greatest characteristics of Filmora9 is that it can be regarded as a free Animoto alternative. That’s right, it offers a forever free plan but with certain restrictions and watermarks.
On the other hand, the premium plans are available at monthly & yearly subscriptions, along with a lifetime access plan. It can be used on both Windows and Mac devices.
- Monthly – You can purchase the monthly subscription at $7.99 with all the features.
- Annual – This plan will offer all the features and access to Filomora9 at $39.99/year.
- Lifetime – Filmora9 can be also purchased at a one-time fee of $69.99. All the features are included in this plan too.
FlexClip is an excellent alternative to Animoto. It allows everyone to create and edit videos with minimum effort and time.
FlexClip is used and liked by millions of users to date for its ease of use.
Here is a exclusive discount for MyWPLife readers:
Use MYWPLIFE20 to avail 20% discount.
- Hundreds of professionally designed video templates for various occasions.
- Choose from over one million royalty-free video clips and music tracks in FlexClip to use.
- It supports voice recording and screen recording.
- You can apply filters, transitions, and dynamic elements to touch up your videos.
- Add preset text styles and freely edit to get the desired appearance.
- It lets you download videos in different resolutions (480p, 720p, and 1080p).
- One-click to upload your video to YouTube or Dropbox.
FlexClip offers a free plan. You can create unlimited videos and download them in 480p for free without a product watermark.
Alternatively, you can choose premium plans that are available at monthly & yearly subscriptions.
- Basic Plan – You can purchase the Basic Plan at $4.99 per month (billed yearly).
- Plus Plan – You can purchase the Plus Plan at $7.99 per month (billed yearly).
- Business Plan – You can purchase the Business Plan at $19.99 per month (billed yearly).
Refer to read detailed FlexClip Review.
VEGAS Movie Studio is one of the products of the VEGAS series that blows the mind of every video editor. Yes, this one of the few Animoto alternatives that have the potential to create or edit videos as if it were Hollywood movies.
As difficult as it may sound but believe me, using VEGAS Movie Studio is extremely easy. According to the team behind this product, it can automatically create a video for you in just 5 simple steps.
- This video editor is packed with a state of the art motion tracking feature.
- You can smoothen your blurred or wobbly video clips in just a single click.
- VEGAS Movie Studio also allows you to record your screens with the audio source.
- It can also provide you the ability to include multi-camera angles in your videos.
- If you are facing trouble using the VEGAS Movie Studio, you can always refer to its extensive guide.
VEGAS Movie Studio Pricing
Unfortunately, VEGAS Movie Studio and its different versions are available only for Windows 10, 64-bit devices. Moreover, you would also need GPUs like NVIDIA, AMD, or Intel.
There are 3 different versions of its software that also offers a free trial –
- VEGAS Movie Studio 17 – It will come at $49.99 and offers basic video editing features.
- VEGAS Movie Studio 17 Platinum – You will be charged $79.99 and it will provide all the advanced video editing features.
- VEGAS Movie Studio 17 Suite – This is the complete package of video editing that can be purchased at $139.
Camtasia is probably one of the most favorite Animoto alternatives used by video editors and moviemakers. I too have used Camtasia for creating many tutorials and sales videos for a client.
It is available for both Windows and Mac devices. And, talking about the ease of use, I strongly believe that a 15-year child would be able to easily use it. If not then there are detailed training videos and tutorials that will help you get started in no time.
- Just like Animoto, Camtasia also provides a handful of video templates and clips.
- It is one of the most preferred software for recording your screen & webcam to create video tutorials.
- You can add a professional touch to your videos by adding pre-made effects and animations.
- Camtasia also allows you to add zoom-in & zoom-out effects, along with other transition effects.
- This is the only video editing tool that allows you to create quizzes in your videos for more viewer interaction.
This video editing software offers the most flexibility in pricing. You can acquire your license based on Individual, Business, Education, and Government or Non-Profit. Here’s how much Camtasia’s Individual license will cost you –
- Individual – A one-time fee of $169 with all the features and ability to install on 2 different devices.
5. WeVideo Animoto Alternative for PC
If you are looking for one of the Animoto software alternatives that have a great reputation for creating videos for social media then you’d love WeVideo. That’s right, WeVideo has a user base of over 30 million users that utilize its video making and editing services.
Apart from social media videos, you will be able to create business videos, educational videos, and also personal videos. Due to these service flexibilities, WeVideo has been awarded by reputed companies like Dell, Microsoft, etc.
- WeVideo offers the biggest library 1 million stock assets including photos, videos, music tracks, etc.
- It provides multiple video formats so that you can effectively use your videos on different channels.
- This video editing software also allows you to add a Green Screen effect in your videos.
- The tool is also capable of capturing your screen and webcam simultaneously.
- You can use WeVideo on Android & iOS devices along with Windows and Mac.
What I like about WeVideo is its extreme flexibility and affordability with pricing. It offers yearly and monthly subscription plans. Moreover, it also classifies itself as a free Animoto alternative due to its forever free plan.
- Free – You can publish 5 minutes of video content per month with any access to its stock library.
- Power – $4.99/month that allows you to publish 30 minutes worth of videos in a month. Also, you will be able to publish videos in 720p resolution.
- Unlimited – This plan allows you to publish unlimited videos with 4K Ultra HD resolution at the cost of $7.99/month.
- Professional – It will cost you $17.99/month to publish unlimited videos, access to the stock library, and many other advanced features.
- Business – This plan is ideal for teams as it provides 3 seats at the cost of $29.99/month. All the advanced features for video editing are also included.
If you are interested in creating animated character videos then you should definitely consider Animaker. Unlike any other Animoto alternatives mentioned in this blog, Animaker provides the best-animated video creation features and that too in the most simplistic way.
You could estimate the popularity of Animaker when I’d tell you that it is currently catering to over 5+ million users. Some of these users represent big companies like Amazon, Nokia, Philips Healthcare, etc.
- It offers you the liberty to create full videos, short videos or GIFs, and also, live video editing features.
- Animaker claims to offer the biggest library of stock assets. It includes background, icons, characters, video clips, music tracks, etc.
- You can easily customize the characteristics of animated characters as per your requirements.
- The software also enables you to add a Lip-Sync feature so that your audio & video makes perfect sense.
- Animaker is perfectly able to create 4K HD resolution videos with optional subtitles.
It is a cloud application. Meaning, you can use it on any device that has an internet connection. That’s not all… Animaker is also a free Animoto software alternative. Hence, you can use it for free until you feel the need to upgrade.
- Free – The free plan allows 5 HD video downloads (per month) with Animaker watermark. Also, you can use 2 characters and 10 free music tracks for your videos.
- Starter – In the Starter plan, you can download 6 premium full HD videos in a month at the cost of $19/month. Your character limit is increased to 7 along with other feature access.
- Business – It will cost you $39/month for 10 premium 2K HD videos, 20 characters, and all the other features.
For more bulk requirements, you can contact the Animaker sales team for (Enterprise plan) custom pricing. Also, since pricing and feature distribution is so extensive, I encourage you to check out its pricing in detail.
Just like Animaker, Moovly is one of the other Animoto alternatives that specializes in animated videos. Apart from animated videos, you can also create your own videos from inspiration.
The reason behind Moovly’s success is its simple interface and drag & drop video creation functionality. That is why major companies like Continental, CISCO, Logitech, etc. use Moovly.
- It provides you the option to create a video from scratch or use its readymade video templates.
- Apart from this, Moovly also has a big library of stock media assets.
- Moovly also offers you the option to create videos in whiteboard style, animated, documentary-style, or the mix of all.
- The software is also capable of providing a text-to-speech feature in 20 different languages.
- Moovly offers a WordPress plugin that can create videos from your blogs and RSS feeds.
In addition to all these features, it’s natural to think that Moovly could be expensive. However, that’s not the case with Moovly. It has a free plan that makes it a free Animoto alternative and a couple of premium plans.
- Free – A forever free plan that allows you to create 2 minutes videos in 480p resolution in a month.
- Pro – By paying $24.92/month, you can create & download 25 videos in 1080p resolution. Other features are also included.
- Max – In the same way, a monthly charge of $49.92 will permit you to export 50 HD videos. Most of the other features are also included in this plan.
- Enterprise – If you want to export 100 HD videos every month, you’d have to get in touch with the sales team for custom pricing.
It would be unfair if I do not include a specialized whiteboard video creating software in this list. Therefore, I am including VideoScribe as one of the best Animoto alternatives.
Now, don’t think that VideoScribe isn’t that efficient. On the contrary, if you want to create whiteboard videos, no other software could offer better services than VideoScribe. As a result of this, organizations like BBC, The University of British Columbia, etc. have already used it.
- Creating videos with VideoScribe is very simple. Just add images, text, and music.
- If you are lacking ideas, VideoScribe provides a bunch of readymade video templates.
- You can also utilize 6000+ images, 190+ music tracks, and other assets.
- VideoScribe allows you to download or share your HD videos on YouTube, Vimeo & PowerPoint.
- It also provides you with the option to choose to download your videos into different formats.
When it comes to pricing, it has managed to stay on the inexpensive side. Also, it provides you the flexibility to choose your billing cycle from monthly, quarterly, or yearly in addition to a free plan. Mind you, all the features are included in all the premium plans.
- Monthly – It would cost $17.50/month.
- Quarterly – The quarterly plan comes with a recurring billing of $35 every 3 months.
- Yearly – The annual plan would cost you $8/month i.e. $96/year.
Mac users are going to love this video recording and editing software. ScreenFlow is one of the few Animoto software alternatives that has won many awards for itself. And, is exclusive for Mac users.
Talking about the user base, ScreenFlow has been a favorite choice for businesses, vloggers, online trainers, and marketers. So in a nutshell, ScreenFlow can be used for creating & editing all sorts of videos.
- You can record the screen and also edit any videos with the help of ScreenFlow.
- It provides you a big library of 500,000+ stock media assets and elements.
- ScreenFlow permits you to record multiple screens at once.
- The software also offers you plenty of inbuilt transitions and animations effects.
- This tool is packed with a unique Closed Caption feature that allows you to embed soft subtitles in your videos.
ScreenFlow is available in 3 different versions, each with different feature sets. Also, since it is downloadable software, you’d have to pay for it only once. However, other features like the stock library and premium support come under subscription billing.
Not to forget, there’s a forever free plan too that ultimately makes ScreenFlow a free Animoto alternative.
- ScreenFlow – This version of ScreenFlow comes at a charge of $129. Although, stock media assets are not included in this plan.
- ScreenFlow Super Pak – It will cost you $175 and it also includes the stock library, along with other features.
- ScreenFlow Super Pak + Premium Support – As the name suggests, this version of ScreenFlow offers all features, a stock library, and premium support at a fee of $209.
Have you ever thought that there could be a “Canva for videos”? If not then prepare yourself for the surprise as InVideo is going to blow your mind with what it has to offer.
InVideo is one of the rarest Animoto alternatives that have an interface similar to Canva. And, it provides tons of video templates that can be used for logo reveal, brand promotion, Facebook ads, YouTube intro, SlideShows, etc.
- Just as I mentioned earlier, InVideo provides up to 3000+ video templates for multiple purposes.
- InVideo allows you to create & edit videos from articles or simply from the URLs of your articles.
- The text to video creation feature also allows you to create videos in any language.
- In addition to prebuilt video templates, you can also have the access to over 1 million stock photos and video clips.
- You are also provided with unlimited team member’s access with all the premium plans.
InVideo is yet another free Animoto alternative. Hence, before jumping on to the premium plans of InVideo, you can try its forever free plan.
Besides this, you can subscribe to either of the two premium plans with monthly or yearly billing cycles. Keep in mind that the maximum video duration limit in all the plans is 15 minutes.
- Free – InVideo liberally provides all the video editing features (no stock library access) in the free plan. So you could export 60 videos in a month but with InVideo watermark.
- Business – The business plan comes at $10/month. It offers all the features and permits you to download 60 HD videos per month.
- Unlimited – If you want to export unlimited HD videos and have access to all the features then you’d have to pay $30/month.
Wave.video shoots all the birds in one single shot. In simple words, Wave.video allows you to create & edit short videos for your website, social media, and emails.
You’d be surprised to know that Wave.video offers all the other productive features like video editor, video hosting, content calendar, video landing pages, and Wave.video button. These features are included with the primary video editor module.
- There are over 500+ readymade video templates offered by Wave.video that can be edited and used on different channels.
- It also provides you a state of the art, ad-free video hosting services.
- Wave.video can automatically resize your videos and offers 30+ different video formats.
- It is one of the unique alternatives to Animoto that provides auto-generated video landing pages.
- You can easily create videos and automatically share it over different social media channels.
The team at Wave.video has been very humble with its pricing in spite of its great value. There’s a forever free plan and a couple of premium plans. Also, you should know that all the features are included in each of the plans but with different usage limits.
- Free – The free plan offers only 15 seconds worth of video creation limit in addition to the access to 2 million royalty-free media assets.
- Creator – It will cost you $30/month to create several 15 minute videos. This plan also extends your limits to 5 million royalty-free media assets access and 20 video embeds.
- Business – This plan comes with a price tag of $60/month. You can create multiple 30-minute videos with the help of 100 million royalty-free media assets. You can also embed 200 videos and you will also get reseller rights, etc.
After successfully exploring the list of 10 best Animoto alternatives, it’s time for you to choose one and start creating videos.
I assure you, each of the software mentioned in this blog is unique in its own way and provides the best video editing features.
I assure you, I have tried most of these alternatives to Animoto and found them very easy and efficient at the same time.
All you have to do now is pick your ideal software and start creating videos.
As always, if you think I may have missed important software, feel free to drop them in the comments section.
You may also like: