Are you searching for some of the best Screaming Frog alternatives? Explore this article to know the best options.
Let’s agree on one thing – If you have a website, SEO is one of the most crucial factors to gain maximum organic growth.
To further break it down, SEO strategy involves on-page SEO and off-page SEO practices.
For on-page SEO, you have several plugins and applications that offer a helping hand. But when it comes to off-page SEO, things get complicated and difficult to handle.
One of the most complex tasks in off-page SEO is a site audit or technical SEO audit. Luckily, Screaming Frog makes this task significantly better by providing a website crawler software.
But if you’d ask me, it’s not the best in the industry (more on this later). Plus, there are a couple of downsides to using this software too.
Therefore, it is logical to explore all the alternatives to Screaming Frog mentioned in this blog.
But before going deep, allow me to briefly talk about –
What is Screaming Frog?
Screaming Frog is a downloadable software for Windows, Mac, and Ubuntu that specializes in crawling websites to analyze their onsite SEO.
It has been widely used by bloggers and small website owners to find out technical SEO issues of their websites.
Some of its features include analyzing page titles & meta descriptions, duplicate content, redirects, broken links, and other technical features.
It offers a free plan that serves the basic purposes of crawling 500 URLs. The premium plan offers all the advanced features and starts at £149.00/year.
In spite of all these features, here’s –
Why Do You Need A Better Screaming Frog Alternative?
- Since it is a downloadable software, you can’t use your account on multiple devices.
- It is often considered as difficult to use by newbie bloggers and SEO professionals.
- Screaming Frog only shows errors and issues. It doesn’t offer insights on how to fix them.
- The pricing is considered to be fairly expensive and asks for long-term commitments.
With that being said, it’s time for us to jump straight to exploring all the screaming frog competitors.
If we are talking about SEO in any sense, it is obvious to mention SEMrush and its features. In this case, SEMrush comes out to be one of the best Screaming Frog alternatives with over 5 million users.
In addition to providing the best technical SEO audit feature, SEMrush is a complete SEO toolkit that offers other features like keyword research, backlink analysis, competitor analysis, rank tracking, etc. So, if you opt for SEMrush as an alternative to Screaming Frog, you will be getting tons of complementary features.
Why Is SEMrush Better Than Screaming Frog?
- SEMrush is able to provide insights and report issues on 130 technical SEO metrics. It also offers a helping guide on how to fix each of those issues.
- It categorizes the SEO issues by strategically placing them at different severity levels. These severity levels include errors, warnings, and notices.
- The application also provides insights on site crawlability, site performance, internal linking, international SEO, etc.
Pricing At SEMrush
SEMrush is an all in one SEO software that incorporates all the required features and modules. Hence, the pricing plans offer access to all these features at justifiable rates.
- Pro – At the cost of $99.95/month, you can crawl 3 websites with 20,000 pages/site crawl limit.
- Guru – This plan allows you to crawl 15 websites with 20,000 pages/site crawl limit at just $199.95/month
- Business – The plan permits you to crawl 25 websites with 100,000 pages/site crawl limit. It costs $399.95/month.
Serpstat is an online application that has climbed its way to become one of the leading SEO software. Due to this, it qualifies to be regarded as one of the better Screaming Frog alternatives.
The “all in one” nature of Serpstat allows it to offer other important features like keyword research, PPC advertising analysis, competitor research, backlink analysis, rank tracking, etc.
Why Is Serpstat Better Than Screaming Frog?
- Just like other alternatives to Screaming Frog, Serpstat automatically categorizes your SEO audit issues. This includes high priority, middle priority, low priority, information, and viruses.
- You can also create or correct your site’s sitemap with the help of Serpstat.
- Serpstat allows you to find out if your website has any duplicate content.
Pricing At Serpstat
Although it is not mentioned at Serpstat’s official website, it offers a forever free plan. This makes Serpstat a free alternative to Screaming Frog. Apart from this, there are 4 subscription plans.
- Lite – The plan has a price tag of $69/month and allows you to audit 10 websites.
- Standard – Similarly, at $149/month, you can audit 50 websites.
- Advanced – The subscription of $299/month will permit you to audit 75 websites.
- Enterprise – Lastly, this $499/month plan offers you the capability to audit 100 websites.
Ahrefs has been one of the most successful and used SEO software in the world. All because of its wide array of features that include keyword research tool, site explorer, rank tracking, content explorer, backlink analysis, etc.
But the characteristic that catches the eye of every SEO professional or SEO agency is its site audit module. Hence, it was logical to mention Ahrefs as a better Screaming Frog alternative.
Why Is Ahrefs Better Than Screaming Frog?
- Ahrefs audits your website for 100+ SEO issues and automatically groups them by types.
- This Screaming Frog alternative allows you to set your own site audit rules to go beyond the pre-defined SEO issues.
Pricing At Ahrefs
With the availability of so many features, the pricing of Ahrefs is expensive but relatively cheaper than Screaming Frog. This makes Ahrefs one of the top Screaming Frog competitors.
- 7 Days Trial – You can test out Ahrefs for 7 days by paying $7.
- Lite – This plan is available at the cost of $99/month and allows up to 5 websites crawling.
- Standard – It will cost you $179/month to audit 10 websites.
- Advanced – At the same time, this plan will be chargeable at $399/month to crawl and audit 25 websites.
- Agency – Ultimately, this plan will permit you to audit 100 websites.at $999/month.
4. SEO PowerSuite – WebSite Auditor
If you are looking for a downloadable alternative to Screaming Frog, you’d love SEO PowerSuite’s WebSite Auditor. The auditor module is one of the 3 different SEO modules offered by SEO PowerSuite.
Other than this, you should be relieved to know that SEO PowerSuite is highly efficient and compatible with Windows, Mac, etc. Also, it is used by some big corporations like Disney, Microsoft, Intel, and more.
Why Is SEO PowerSuite Better Than Screaming Frog?
- In spite of being a downloadable software, SEO PowerSuite – WebSite Auditor offers technical SEO guides for quick issue resolutions.
- The Website Auditor has the potential to discover technical SEO issues for broken links, image SEO, duplicate content, internal linking, heavy pages, etc.
- This software also provides you with the ability to generate robots.txt and sitemap for your website.
Pricing At SEO PowerSuite – WebSite Auditor
One of the greatest benefits of using SEO PowerSuite – WebSite Auditor is its pricing. Despite being a part of the complete package, you can separately acquire it by subscribing to its 2 pricing plans.
Other than this, it is also considered as a Screaming Frog free alternative due to its free version that allows crawling & auditing of 500 pages.
- WebSite Auditor Professional – $124/year.
- WebSite Auditor Enterprise – $299/year for all the advanced technical features & capabilities.
Keeping our streak of listing downloadable Screaming Frog ongoing, I would like to introduce you to Netpeak Spider. It is one of the two modules offered by Netpeak Software.
Netpeak Spider is exclusive to Windows only. Irrespective of this, it has been highly rated on review-based websites and also awarded for its services.
Why Is Netpeak Spider Better Than Screaming Frog?
- It allows you to easily spot up to 80 site optimization and 70 on-page SEO issues.
- Netpeak Spider also allows you to check internal linking issues of your sites and also calculates internal PageRank.
- Just like other alternatives to Screaming Frog, Netpeak Spider also provides you the ability to generate an XML sitemap of your website.
Pricing At Netpeak Spider
This software can be used for 7 days, free of cost. After that, you have the option to subscribe to its 3 subscription plans that are extremely cheaper than Screaming Frog.
- Standard – You can acquire this plan at $15.20/month.
- Pro – Similarly, this plan offers access to Netpeak Spider at the cost of $31.20/month.
- Premium – Lastly, it would cost you $79.20/month to get the Premium plan of Netpeak Spider.
All Done. Now What?
After exploring all the above-mentioned Screaming Frog alternatives in detail, it’s time for you to choose the one that suits your needs.
I assure you that each of the Screaming Frog SEO Spider alternatives mentioned above is unique in their own way. Hence, the website crawling and site auditing services are of top-notch quality.
Other than this, if you are still having second thoughts about them, I would suggest you explore each of them by signing up for their free trials.
Also, feel free to let me know if you have any questions for the same. I would be happy to help you out.
Browse More SEO Tools: