Quick Comparison Between The Best Bluehost Alternatives
|Service/Features||Bluehost||SiteGround||WP Engine||WPX Hosting||GoDaddy|
|No. of site||5||1||1||5||1|
Bluehost has been one of the best hosting services available in the market. Thanks to its 17+ years of experience in this field.
Hence, in the first instance, talking about Bluehost alternatives may seem a bit surprising and funny.
But believe me, due to its gradually degrading hosting services and below-average customer support, a lot of customers are looking for top alternatives to Bluehost.
And, I’m quite sure you are one of them..!!
So, in this blog, I will be talking about 6+ best Bluehost alternatives for reliable WordPress hosting.
But before that, allow me to answer some of the most daunting questions like –
Is Bluehost A Good Web Host?
If you had asked this question a few years ago, I would have said yes..!!
Also, a few years ago, Bluehost was the only hosting service that was officially recommended by WordPress (now they also recommend another hosting service).
But with the introduction of many new & better WordPress hosting services and a significant decline in its performance, Bluehost has slipped down.
Although, I would still acknowledge the fact that it offers one of the best packages to its first-time users. Is Bluehost good for beginners? Yes, Bluehost would be good, not the best.
Having said that, there are many great features of Bluehost that don’t go unnoticed…
Pros Of Bluehost
- Ensures uptime of 99.99%
- Offers loading speed of 405 ms
- Ideal for beginners and new users
- Provides 1 click WordPress installation
- Offer free SSL, domain registration, etc. for first-time users
- Also packs a site builder
Every coin has 2 faces. This means that in spite of having many benefits of using Bluehost, there are significant disadvantages too…
Cons Of Bluehost
- The loading speed is higher than many Bluehost alternatives
- It does not offer any email customer support
- The customer support is unreliable and less knowledgeable
- No monthly billing options and plans
- Renewal cost is quite high
Now that you have realized that the only option left for you is to explore all the top Bluehost competitors, allow me to talk about them in detail.
Let’s start with –
As I have said earlier, Bluehost is not the only hosting service that is officially recommended by WordPress. Hence the other recommended service automatically becomes one of the top Bluehost alternatives.
I am talking about SiteGround. Over the past few years, SiteGround has cultivated a loyal fan and customer following of over 2,000,000 domains.
All thanks to its spectacular performance of 99.99% uptime and blazing fast load time of 649 ms.
- Along with managed WordPress hosting, SiteGround is also known for offering web hosting, WooCommerce hosting, and cloud hosting.
- Unlike Bluehost, SiteGround will help you migrate your site from Bluehost without any charge.
- After migration, you will be provided with tons of other free amenities like SSL, WordPress installation, professional email address, etc.
- SiteGround ensures your website stays lightning fast. Hence it offers Cloudflare CDN for quicker page loads.
- One of the greatest advantages of using SiteGround is its customer support. It offers support via phone, chat, and ticket.
SiteGround Pricing For WordPress Hosting
As I have said, SiteGround offers diverse hosting services. But the service that makes it one of the most popular alternatives to Bluehost is its managed WordPress hosting.
It offers 3 different plans for WordPress hosting with exclusive features –
- StartUp – This plan would cost you $3.95/month for hosting 1 website. It also includes features such as 10 GB worth of Web Space, 10,000 monthly visits, free SSL, CDN, etc.
- GrowBig – By paying $5.95/month, you’d be able to host unlimited sites. Talking about the features, you’d get everything in the StartUp plan along with dynamic caching, staging, etc.
- GoGeek – The last plan of SiteGround would cost you $11.95/month and includes all the advanced features like collaborators tool, white-label clients, premium resources, and priority customer support.
2. WP Engine
If we are talking about WordPress hosting, none could come close to the likes of WP Engine. Hence, it would be logical to include WP Engine as one of the reliable Bluehost alternatives.
After seeing WP Engine as the best Bluehost alternative, many reputable companies and organizations have jumped on board with it. Some of them include America’s Funniest Home Videos, Arizona State University, Thomson Reuters, etc.
Also, the performance is off the charts. The uptime is recorded as 100% while minimum response time is clocked at 441 ms.
- WP Engine is the only alternative to Bluehost that provides 35+ premium WordPress templates of the StudioPress theme.
- It works exceptionally well with the Genesis framework. Hence, redesigning your website would take barely a minute.
- This WordPress hosting service assures ultra-fast loading speed. Thanks to Cloudflare CDN, Evercache, multiple global data centers, and more.
- In order to track the performance of your site, WP Engine provides analytics tools like Google Analytics and New Relic. Performance can be viewed from the WordPress dashboard itself.
- WP Engine also offers 24×7 customer support via live chat. So if you face any difficulties or have any queries, the WP Engine team is always there to help you.
WP Engine Pricing For WordPress Hosting
Since WP Engine only offers managed WordPress hosting, they compensate it by offering multiple flexible pricing plans. All of the below-listed plans are available on an annual or monthly recurring basis.
Each of the plans includes common free features like SSL certificates, CDN, Evercache – a cache module, Genesis framework, StudioPress Themes, etc. I guess this is also what makes WP Engine the best Bluehost alternative.
- Startup – If you are looking to host 1 website with 10 GB storage, 50 GB bandwidth, 25,000 monthly visitors, etc. then you’d have to pay $25/month.
- Growth – You’d be charged at the rate of $95/month to host up to 10 websites. This plan also includes 20 GB storage, 200 GB bandwidth, and 100,000 visits every month.
- Scale – For hosting up to 30 sites, you’d be charged $241/month. This WP Engine plan also offers 50 GB worth of storage, 500 GB bandwidth, and 400,000 visits per month.
- Premium – This is the first plan of the Premium plan series. It is available at the cost of $368/month with 100 GB storage space, 1,000 GB bandwidth, and 700,000 visitors for 50 sites.
- Premium 1 – You will be charged at the rate of $552/month for hosting up to 100 websites. The storage space and bandwidth remain the same as the Premium plan. But the maximum monthly visitor’s limit is increased to 1 million.
- Premium 1.5 – The last plan of WP Engine would cost you $828/month. It would permit you to host 115 websites with 100 GB storage, 1,000 GB bandwidth, and 1.5 million visits per month.
Cometh the hour, cometh the service. If we are talking about Bluehost alternatives that offer managed WordPress hosting services then I simply can’t ignore Kinsta.
Kinsta is a trusted hosting solution for everyone. For example, freelancers, bloggers, small businesses, high-volume agencies & blogs, and even some Fortune 500 companies.
The reason behind Kinsta’s huge customer base is its performance. According to the recent test results, Kinsta’s uptime is 99.99% with a minimum response time of 398 ms.
- Kinta is the rarest alternative to Bluehost that offers a unified dashboard for managing all the websites.
- The team behind Kinsta is obsessed with speed. Hence websites hosted on Kinsta will be loaded at a lightning-fast speed.
- This hosting service offers free site migration, therefore, making it the best Bluehost alternative of all.
- Kinsta also provides a staging area. This would be beneficial for you to test out and verify the changes before publishing them.
- It proudly boasts about its extremely knowledgeable customer support. Kinsta has a whopping 100% solve rate too.
Kinsta Pricing For WordPress Hosting
It has the widest range of flexible and affordable pricing plans. All you have to do is analyze your requirements and then choose the desired hosting plan.
Also, despite offering several plans, Kinsta offers some of the basic and advanced in all the plans. This includes a free CDN, SSL certificate, daily backups, use of latest technology, etc.
- Starter – $30/month for 1 website with 10 GB storage.
- Pro – For hosting 2 websites with 20 GB storage space, you’d be charged $60.
- Business 1 – 4 – The Business plans are divided into 4 plans. The first plan would cost you $100/month for 5 sites. Similarly, for consecutive plans, you’d be charged $200, $300, and $400 per month for hosting 10, 20, and 40 websites respectively.
- Enterprise 1 – 4 – Enterprise plan also comprises four plans that start at $600/month for hosting 60 websites. Just like this, the other 3 plans would cost you $900, $1,200, and $1,500 per month for 80, 120, and 150 sites respectively.
4. WPX Hosting
If you are looking for Bluehost alternatives that provide the fastest WordPress hosting then your search would end at WPX Hosting.
Don’t believe my words? Well if that’s the case then you’d be relieved to know that it has been ranked number 1 on many review sites like G2 Crowd and Trustpilot.
Apart from customer reviews, WPX performance numbers are here to back up their claim. The uptime is recorded as 99.95% with a minimum response time of 357 ms.
- Unlike Bluehost, WPX Hosting provides extremely fast WordPress hosting services. There are many testers who have found out it can be twice as fast as other hosts.
- It uses and offers custom CDN i.e. WPX Cloud that is known to make your website 3 times faster.
- Apart from speed, WPX Hosting will also prevent hacking attempts and remove malware for free.
- Also, WPX Hosting is the only alternative to Bluehost that will continue to offer free SSL certificates as long as you remain its customer.
- WPX Hosting also talks about moving your website from Bluehost to their servers free of charge.
WPX Hosting Pricing For WordPress Hosting
Great things come at a great price. But this is not the case with WPX Hosting. That’s right, it offers 3 pricing plans on a monthly & annual basis and is extremely affordable.
The plans are differentiated on the number of sites, storage space, and bandwidth. But there are few common features like SSL certificates, CDN, professional email, staging area, backups, etc.
- Business – $24.99/month ($20.83/month when billed annually) for 5 websites with 10 GB storage.
- Professional – For hosting 15 sites, you’d be charged $49.99/month ($41.58/month when billed annually). You’d be also allotted a storage space of 20 GB.
- Elite – $99/month ($83.25/month with annual billing) for hosting 35 websites with 40 GB storage.
Flywheel is yet another best alternative to Bluehost that I can recommend to agencies and freelancers. Yes, it offers a seamless module to host and then transfer the bill to your clients.
After seeing a great response for WordPress sites, many high traffic blogs have also opted for Flywheel.
Also, Flywheel’s performance speaks for itself. It offers an uptime of 99.99% and 400 ms minimum response time.
- Its hosting services are backed up by the servers that are optimized for WordPress only.
- Just like other alternatives to Bluehost, Flywheel also provides free SSL certificates and CDN for every website hosted.
- Flywheel also assures enhanced speed due to its integration with Google Cloud Platform and multiple data centers.
- This hosting service also gives many handy developer tools along with site staging and cloning functionality.
- Flywheel doesn’t want to cause you any trouble with migrating your site. Therefore, it offers free site migration.
Flywheel Pricing For WordPress Hosting
Flywheel has fine-tuned its servers for WordPress hosting. Hence its pricing structure is built around it but differentiated on the basis of the number of WordPress installations, storage space, etc.
Also, just like other alternatives to Bluehost, Flywheel has monthly and yearly billing options.
- Tiny – $13/month (charged yearly) for hosting 1 website with 5 GB space.
- Starter – $25/month (charged yearly) for also hosting 1 website with 10 GB disc space and 50 GB bandwidth.
- Freelance – $96/month (billed yearly) for hosting up to 10 sites with 20 GB disc space and 200 GB bandwidth.
- Agency – Lastly, you’d have to pay $242/month (billed yearly) for 30 websites with 50 GB disc space and 500 GB bandwidth.
6. A2 Hosting
No list of best Bluehost alternatives can be incomplete without mentioning A2 Hosting. This hosting service has upgraded its servers to Turbo servers that ensure 20 times faster hosting experience.
Also, ever since its launch in 2003, A2 Hosting has managed to bag many prestigious awards. All thanks to its super-fast hosting solutions.
You’d be surprised to know that even with an uptime of 99.93%, it has managed to provide a minimum response time of 317 ms.
- As mentioned earlier, A2 Hosting provides 20 times faster for web hosting, as well as for managed WordPress hosting.
- A2 Hosting uses cutting edge technology like Turbo Servers, PHP 7, SwiftServer, etc. to further enhance your site’s load time.
- It provides a premium cache plugin called LiteSpeed Cache for WordPress for an additional boost in speed.
- A2 Hosting provides a free site migration, making it the best Bluehost alternative among others.
- Also to keep your site secure, A2 Hosting is backed by spam and malware removal modules. Plus, your site is automatically backed up every day.
A2 Hosting Pricing For WordPress Hosting
Unlike other Bluehost alternatives, A2 Hosting has managed to keep its pricing for WordPress hosting significantly low. But you should know that’s because it is shared.
The managed WordPress hosting plans have a higher price than the shared WordPress hosting plans. Nevertheless, A2 Hosting liberally offers unlimited SSD storage to its users.
- Startup – $2.99/month to host 1 website with 100 GB SSD storage space.
- Drive – $4.99/month for hosting unlimited websites with 2X resources.
- Turbo Boost – You’d be charged $9.99/month for hosting unlimited sites with 20X Turbo servers, Turbo Cache, A2 Site Accelerator, etc.
- Turbo Max – $14.99/month for hosting unlimited websites with all the advanced features.
GoDaddy is a complete platform that offers domain registrations, web hosting, VPS hosting, and also WordPress hosting.
But the stuff that makes it one of the best Bluehost alternatives is its easy setup, automatic software updates, free domain registration, and professional email address.
Ultimately, GoDaddy has a respectable performance too. According to recent tests, the uptime came out to be 99.97% with 554 ms as minimum response time.
- With WordPress hosting, GoDaddy also provides its own pre-built WordPress themes.
- GoDaddy uses CDN and the latest version of PHP to further enhance your page load time.
- This hosting also packs a dedicated eCommerce plan that will be beneficial for you to either launch or improve your existing eCommerce site.
- GoDaddy ensures that your website remains safe and secure. Hence it offers malware removal and daily backups feature.
- Also, you can count on the customer support team in case you and your website face any troubles.
GoDaddy Pricing For WordPress Hosting
GoDaddy may have tons of services to offer but they have managed to keep their pricing simple and clear.
Talking about the WordPress hosting plans, GoDaddy offers 4 plans that allow hosting for only 1 website and have many exclusive features. But there are some common features too, such as free domain registration, professional email, daily backup & restore, malware scans, and more.
- Basic – You’d be charged $6.99/month for hosting 1 website with 30 GB storage space.
- Deluxe – This plan too allows hosting for 1 website but at the cost of $9.99/month. You are also entitled to get 75 GN storage, SEO optimizer, staging area, etc.
- Ultimate – At $12.99/month you can host 1 website with unlimited storage space. Also, you’d be getting free SSL for a lifetime.
- Ecommerce – This plan is ideal for eCommerce websites. By choosing this plan, you’d be able to host 1 eCommerce site with unlimited storage and other eCommerce boosting features.
What’s The Next Step?
Now that you have explored the list of 6+ best Bluehost alternatives for reliable WordPress hosting, it’s time for you to pick one.
I assure you that all the services mentioned above are highly efficient and have a proven track record.
Simply speaking, you can pick any of the hosting services as your best Bluehost alternative and experience a better hosting experience.
As always, if you think that I have missed a deserving Bluehost alternative in this blog then feel free to drop it in the comments section.
You might also like to read: