Are you looking for backlink checker tools to easily track your backlinks?
Well, ever since the dawn of SEO, backlinks played a vital role in ranking a site and even creating a good domain authority.
But in 2020, Google focuses on quality or relevant backlinks to your site. Thanks to Google’s Panda update.
So, instead of creating low-quality bulk backlinks, you must try to create or generate backlinks from high-authority and niche-specific sites.
And, once you are able to do so, you must be able to track and analyze those backlinks. But that’s easier said than done…
Lucky for you, I am going to talk about 7+ best backlink checker tools in 2020 that you should start using.
But before that, let’s talk about basics, such as –
What Are Backlinks?
In simple terms, when some other website adds your website link in their blogs or pages, then that link is referred to as a backlink.
Now, you should also know that backlinks are of two types – dofollow and nofollow. In totality, your backlink building strategy should highly focus on creating dofollow backlinks only.
At last, the search engine sees this backlinking as the measure of authenticity, authority & trust, and this ultimately contributes to higher ranks in search results.
And not to forget, creating backlinks is a great way to –
- Build good business relations
- Generate healthy referral traffic
- Boost your brand authority
Why Do You Need Backlink Checker Tools?
One of the prime reasons to use backlink checker SEO tools is to check the number of backlinks for your website.
But here it gets interesting… Normally, our backlink strategy focuses on building links through manual actions and interaction.
There are certain times your website may naturally generate some backlinks. You may not be even aware of such backlinks. Hence these backlink checker tools come in handy to detect or check new backlinks.
In addition to this, a backlink checker tool is also able to determine if the backlink is dofollow or nofollow.
Lastly, you will also have the power to spy on your competitor’s backlinks too.
Isn’t that fascinating?
Now that we are on the same page, it’s time for us to explore these backlink checkers in detail –
All the list of backlink checker tools would feature SEMrush at the top. Simply because it is the best, efficient, and highly accurate in checking your website’s backlinks.
If you don’t know it yet, SEMrush is an all-in-one digital marketing solution. But its backlink checker tool steals all the limelight as it is able to detect dofollow/nofollow links and also links from low-quality domains.
Just like me, 5 million users and many high-profile websites like Quora, eBay, Vodafone, etc. use SEMrush.
Additional Features Of SEMrush
- SEMrush is also regarded as the best keyword research tool. It has 140 geographic databases of 18 billion keywords.
- It offers a complete SEO toolkit packed with important modules like position tracking, technical SEO audit, traffic analyzer, etc.
- This tool is also fluent with paid traffic and discovering Social Media strategy. Not to forget, no other application offers better competitor research than SEMrush.
SEMrush is regarded as one of the best premium backlink checker SEO tools. The greatest thing about SEMrush is that you get all the SEO tools in a single package.
- Pro – At $99.95/month, you get all the SEO, PPC, and SMM tools and features. It is ideal for freelancers, startups, or new businesses.
- Guru – This plan is ideal for small to medium-sized businesses and includes additional advanced features like branded reports, historical data, etc. at the cost of $199.95/month.
- Business – Lastly, at $399.95/month you get all the features and other advanced features like White Label reports, API, Google Data Studio integration, etc. It is suitable for big businesses, eCommerce, and agencies.
Among all the SEO tools offered by Mangloos, Linkminer steals the thunder and comes out to be one of the most popular backlink checker tools.
Talking about its background, Linkminer is one of the 5 SEO tools offered by Mangloos. Meaning, if you get Linkminer, you would also get the rest 4 tools as well.
After seeing its popularity and backlink checking potential, Linkminer is able to create a huge clientele. This includes some big names such as Alexa, Adidas, Deloitte, etc.
Additional Features Of Linkminer
- Linkminer offers a unique feature where it would allow you to preview the referring site and find the backlink in it.
- Just like other backlink checker SEO tools, Linkminer would also allow you to filter your backlinks on the basis of dofollow and nofollow.
- Apart from this, Linkminer also allows you to check the backlinks that you have lost over time.
As said earlier, Linkminer comes as a packaged deal along with other Mangloos SEO tools. Now coming to the pricing plans, Mangloos has offered a hefty discount on annual plans and a 10 days free trial.
- Mangools Basic – By paying $29.90/month, you would be able to retrieve up to 2,000 backlinks every 24 hours.
- Mangools Premium – Similarly, at $39.90/month, you can check up to 7,000 backlinks every 24 hours.
- Mangools Agency – Lastly, at the cost of $79.90/month, you can retrieve 15,000 backlinks per 24 hours.
3. Moz Pro
No list of backlink checker tools would be complete without Moz. Such is the power of Moz.
As you know, Moz is yet another all-in-one SEO software. It includes all the advanced tools such as keyword research, rank tracking, traffic analyzer, and most importantly, backlink checker.
I would not be sugar-coating if I say that Moz knows the best ways to perform SEO. Consequently, the software or application developed under it has been able to attract clients like Trivago, Zillow, Aaron’s, etc.
Additional Features Of Moz
- Moz provides a complete SEO audit of your website. With this, you will be able to find out if your site has any technical SEO issues and how to eradicate them.
- Among other backlink checker SEO tools, Moz has one of the biggest databases for keyword research and SERP analysis.
- Also, if you want to track the performance of your traffic driving blogs, you can check them with the help of a rank tracking module.
Moz is just like other applications that offer complete SEO solutions in a single package. Hence, there are 4 different plans available for purchase with all the features but with different usage limits. Also, there’s a 30 days free trial and a 20% discount on annual plans.
- Standard – $99/month for 5,000 backlink queries per month.
- Medium – $149/month for tracking 20,000 backlinks every month.
- Large – $249/month to track up to 70,000 backlinks in a month.
- Premium – Lastly, in order to track 100,000 backlinks every month, you’d have to pay $599/month.
When it comes to the best backlink checker tools, none could come close to the power of Ahrefs. But here’s something interesting, it offers the backlink checker tool free of cost.
Also, talking about Ahrefs application as a whole, it is yet another complete SEO solution. It includes all the SEO modules like a rank checker, keyword research, content research, and of course, a free backlink checker tool.
Ahrefs is so accurate with its services that many reputed digital marketers have advised to use them. On top of this, many big companies like Netflix, Facebook, Uber, Adobe, etc. are already using Ahrefs.
Additional Features Of Ahrefs
- Ahrefs is majorly known as the best keyword research tool. It offers all the extensive data on keywords like search volume, difficulty, SERP overview, etc.
- With the help of Ahrefs, you can effortlessly check your competitors’ search traffic. You’d be also able to see what keywords drive traffic to their website and more.
- Ahrefs also offers a plethora of free tools like broken link checker, website authority checker, keyword generator, and YouTube & Amazon keyword generator.
You can use Ahrefs’s backlink checker tool free of cost. But if you want to use its other tools, then you’d have to purchase its plan. Ahrefs has a very unique approach toward its pricing. For starters, the 7 days trial period can be availed by paying $7 and annual pricing plans offer 2 months free.
- Lite – $99/month for tracking ranks of 500 keywords, site audit, site explorer, 5 projects, and more.
- Standard – $179/month for 10 projects, 1,500 keywords rank tracker, and other features.
- Advanced – If you want to run 25 projects with all the features then you’d have to pay $399/month.
- Agency – Lastly, to manage and run up to 100 SEO projects then you’d have to pay $999/month.
Another notable name in the arena of digital marketing is BuzzSumo. Just like other SEO tools, BuzzSumo too offers a complete solution to your SEO needs.
But among all the features it offers one of the best backlink checker tools. So, if you want to opt for BuzzSumo, I can assure that you will be able to keep a track of your new (or lost) backlinks.
I can also agree that you may have second thoughts about it. But you’d be relieved to know that organizations like The Telegraph, HubSpot, BuzzFeed, etc. are relying on BuzzSumo.
Additional Features Of BuzzSumo
- BuzzSumo is packed with a unique “Collaboration” tool that would allow you to discover your site’s mention and then convert it into a backlink.
- From researching keywords for your own website to finding out the ranked keywords of your competitor, BuzzSumo does it all.
- If you are lacking ideas for your content, BuzzSumo allows you to find out trending topics in any niche.
BuzzSumo, just like other backlink checker SEO tools mentioned in this blog, is available as a complete SEO toolkit. There’s a 7 days free trial and a huge discount on annual plans.
- Pro – You’d have to pay $99/month for all the features but with limited feature usage.
- Plus – $179/month for monitoring up to 10,000 site mentions and more.
- Large – Similarly, for tracking 20,000 mentions, you’d have to pay $299/month.
- Enterprise – At last, $499+/month will allow you to access and use all the features.
With the exponential growth and development of Neil Patel’s Ubersuggest, it was extremely likely that Ubersuggest would get a spot in the list of backlink checker tools.
If you don’t know it yet, Ubersuggest is the latest all-in-one online SEO application that offers a backlink checker tool free of cost.
Over the past year, Ubersuggest was completely free. Meaning, more than 2 million users have used it (just like me) and are completely satisfied with what it has to offer. As per it site, they are catering to Nike, Shopify, CNN, Dell, etc.
Additional Features Of Ubersuggest
- You can exploit Ubersuggest’s backlink checker tool free of charge for yourself. But you can also track the backlinks of your competitors.
- Ubersuggest has been primarily launched as a keyword research tool. So by using this tool, you would be able to find out keyword search volume, SEO difficulty, and also paid difficulty.
- This SEO tool is also capable of performing a complete technical SEO audit of your website.
As said earlier, Ubersuggest is a “free to use” tool. Meaning, you are able to completely use Ubersuggest and its backlink checker tool free of cost. But apart from this, there are a few restrictions on some modules. Hence to unlock them, you’d have to subscribe to a premium plan.
- Individual – This plan would cost you $29/month and offer 500 keywords rank tracking, site audit, 20,000 keyword suggestions, etc.
- Business – By paying $49/month, you would be able to extend certain limits like 1,000 keywords rank tracking, 50,000 keyword suggestions, 5,000 content ideas, and more.
- Enterprise – Lastly, at the cost of $99/month, you can use Ubersuggest with maximum limits.
Not many people know this but Majestic is the first service provider that has offered a backlink checker tool for use.
Ever since its launch in 2008, Majestic has evolved into a much more efficient premium SEO solution. But it has continued to offer a backlink checker tool free of cost.
Unlike other backlink checker tools, Majestic has been awarded for its service by Deloitte. Moreover, it has been also awarded by The Queen’s award a couple of times.
Additional Features Of Majestic
- While the backlink checker tool is available for free, Majestic also offers a premium bulk backlink checking service.
- One of the greatest features of Majestic is the “Link Context”. This feature allows you to find out if the backlink is from a directory website, editorial link, and also its position on that particular page.
- Just as I mentioned earlier, Majestic has grown itself from a backlink checking tool to an extended SEO application. In simple words, you’d be also able to research keywords, track ranks, etc.
Majestic offers very simple and inexpensive plans for its services. You have the option to subscribe to either monthly or yearly billing cycles. But you should keep in mind that the features are exclusive to plans.
- Lite – At a nominal charge of $49.99/month, you’d get features like bulk backlink checker, keyword generator, link context, and more.
- Pro – By upgrading to the Pro plan at $99.99/month, you unlock advanced features like historic index, custom reports, site comparison, backlink history, etc.
- API – This plan is ideal for using API but it also unlocks all the features of Majestic. You can subscribe to this plan by paying $399.99/month.
If you are looking for an application or website that offers a backlink checker tool free of cost then check out OpenLinkProfiler.
Most of us may not know this but OpenLinkProfiler is a free module of SEOprofiler. While backlink checking can be done for free, but to use other modules like rank tracking, keyword research & generation, site audits, etc., you’d have to subscribe to its premium plans.
OpenLinkProfiler doesn’t believe in glossy show-offs. But I assure you, it is being used by many high-profile clients like Saint-Gobain, ProtonMail, Match.com, etc.
Additional Features Of OpenLinkProfiler
- In addition to checking your own site’s backlinks, you can also check the backlinks of your competitors with ease.
- OpenLinkProfiler also shows the countries from which your website has generated its backlinks. This can be highly beneficial in creating a targeted demographic.
- Apart from this, OpenLinkProfiler also permits you to find and remove backlinks from low-quality websites.
Unlike other backing checker tools, OpenLinkProfiler is a completely free to use application. However, it is part of a premium SEO toolkit namely SEOprofiler whose pricing starts at $69.95/month.
What’s The Next Step?
Now that you have uncovered all the 7+ best backlink checker tools in 2020, it’s time for you to choose one and start discovering your backlinks.
I assure you, all the backlink checker SEO tools have been personally tried and tested by me. Each of the tools offers in-depth and highly accurate backlink analysis.
On top of this, some of these tools also offer additional SEO services too. So if you are planning to invest in a complete SEO solution, you won’t have to look anywhere else.
Lastly, if you need personal assistance from me for choosing a backlink checker tool or simply have any queries, feel free to drop it in the comments section.
You May Also Like: