Are you dreaming of running a successful website?
Well, there are several parameters like keywords research, content creation, creating backlinks, etc. that contribute to the overall growth of your site.
But to maintain that growth, you must be able to perform regular site audits.
Now, you may think that manually going through hundreds of your site’s pages would be extremely cumbersome and tiring.
Yes, that’s right..!! But what if you are able to do a complete site audit with just a push of a button?
Sounds fascinating, right?
Hence, in this blog, I am going to list 7+ best site audit tools to check your SEO health.
So if you are a freelancer, new or experienced blogger, eCommerce store owner, or an SEO agency, these site audit tools are going to quickly audit sites.
Before going any further and explore the site audit tools list, let’s talk about the basics…
What Is SEO Audit?
SEO audit is the check-up of your website that involves multiple processes to determine its search engine friendliness. If you are having difficulty understanding this, allow me to help you understand this with an example.
Consider your body as your website. So, to remain healthy, you go to the doctor for a routine full-body check-up. After performing multiple tests for different parts of your body, your doctor shares the report with you about your health.
In a similar way, site audit tools function as a doctor and check the SEO health of your website. And, in the report, these SEO site audit tools show the segments that require improvement. Some of these segments include –
- Technical SEO issues
- On-page SEO issues
- Crawling issues
- UX issues
- Code issues (CSS & JS minification, etc.)
- Site structure issues
Now that we are on the same page, let’s dive in to explore all the SEO site audit tools.
If you are looking to kill not 1, not 2 but multiple SEO birds in one shot then you should start using SEMrush.
In addition to being an all-in-one SEO suite, it offers one of the best, fast, and highly accurate site audit tools. Not only will it audit your site, but it will also generate a comprehensive report of all the possible issues and a brief guide to fix them.
Features Of SEMrush Site Audit Tool
- After auditing your website, SEMrush will effortlessly categorize all the issues based on its severity. This includes Errors, Warnings, and Notices.
- SEMrush provides an extensive report and information about the crawlability of your website. With the help of this module, you are able to check how search engines see your website.
- If you are aspiring to run a multi-language website then SEMrush’s site audit tool would allow you to keep an eye on your International SEO.
As said earlier, SEMrush offers a complete SEO and marketing toolkit. Meaning, in order to access its SEO site audit tools, you have to purchase its complete package. Don’t worry, all the other modules like keyword research, backlink checker, PPC campaigns, traffic analyzer, etc. are considered to be the best in industry.
SEMrush offers a 7 days free trial. After that, you’d have to subscribe to its premium plans that are charged either monthly or yearly.
- Pro – $99.95/month fees would allow you to audit 3 websites.
- Guru – Similarly, by paying $199.95/month, you’d be able to audit 15 websites.
- Business – Lastly, to perform an SEO audit for 25 sites, you’d have to pay $399.95/month.
Serpstat is yet another complete SEO toolkit that is currently catering to some notable clients like Lenevo, L’oreal, Shopify, etc.
But among all the SEO features, it offers one of the most popular site audit tools. The Serpstat’s site audit tool is capable of finding and fixing SEO issues that are hindering your Google rankings.
Features Of Serpstat Site Audit Tool
- Just like other SEO audit tools online, Serpstat also categorizes your on-page SEO issues. But here, it clearly mentions if the issues are of high priority, middle or low priority. Moreover, it also detects if your site is affected by viruses.
- Serpstat is also able to find duplicate content on your website. If this is ignored, your website’s pages or blogs may not get indexed.
- It also lends a helping hand towards creating or correcting your sitemap. This further accelerates your crawlability.
The Serpstat’s SEO audit report tools are not available separately. Rather, it is available with all the Serpstat features like keyword research, advertising analysis, rank tracking, etc. To avail its services, you’d have to purchase its monthly or yearly plans.
- Lite – $69/month will allow you to audit up to 150,000 pages for multiple websites.
- Standard – At the cost of $149/month you’d get a monthly audit quota of 400,000 pages.
- Advanced – Similarly, to audit 1,250,000 pages, you’d have to pay $299/month.
- Enterprise – Lastly, if you have higher auditing needs of 2,250,000 pages, you’d have to pay $499/month.
3. SE Ranking
SE Ranking is a well known and established name when it comes to SEO optimization software. Over the years, SE Ranking has developed a huge customer base that involves some famous brands like Zapier, Bed Bath & Beyond, Trustpilot, etc.
In addition to offering almost all the SEO tools in a single suite, it offers one of the best site audit tools. The SE Ranking team claims that their tool can crawl deep and find all the technical SEO issues.
Features Of SE Ranking Site Audit Tool
- The site audit tool of SE Ranking offers you the option to provide multiple for scanning and auditing your site. In simple terms, you can allow complete site audit, sitemap-based auditing, or manual submission of links for auditing.
- Unlike other SEO audit report tools, SE Ranking can also cover subdomains for auditing in a single audit campaign.
- SE Ranking provides an elaborate comparison of your site audit results. Meaning, you can compare & check how many SEO issues you have fixed until now and which issues are pending.
SE Ranking Pricing
Among all the services that offer SEO audit tools online, SE Ranking has the most unique & dynamic pricing plans. However, if you seek only the site audit tool, you don’t have to worry about it.
But if you are concerned about other features like rank tracking, keyword research, etc., I would suggest you head over to SE Ranking’s pricing page and calculate the price yourself.
- Optimum – By subscribing to the monthly charge of $39/month, you’d be able to audit up to 25,000 site pages.
- Plus – At the same time, if you want to audit up to 150,000 site pages, you’d have to pay $89/month.
- Enterprise – At last, site audit for 250,000 pages would cost you $189/month.
All the free SEO audit tools list would be incomplete without mentioning Ubersuggest. If you don’t know it yet, Neil Patel has revamped Ubersuggest into a freemium SEO toolkit with all the necessary features.
And, among all those features, Ubersuggest allows you to use free SEO site audit tools online. All you have to do is enter the required domain and let Ubersuggest audit it for you.
Features Of Ubersuggest Site Audit Tool
- Ubersuggest claims to offer one of the most comprehensive sites audit reports. This also includes a bar representation of your site’s SEO health.
- The site audit tool of Ubersuggest is capable of finding key technical SEO issues. Plus, you’d also get a quick walk-through of how to fix those issues.
- This tool is also packed with a site speed analyzer. So, you can easily check where your site ranks in terms of speed.
Talking about pricing in a free SEO audit tools list seems illogical. But mind you, Ubersuggest is a freemium SEO toolkit. So if you want to extend your site auditing capabilities from just 1 website to many, you can subscribe to its premium plans with 7 days free trial.
- Individual – It would cost you $29/month to audit 5 websites with 1,000 pages/report limit.
- Business – This plan would extend your auditing limits to 5,000 pages/report and 7 websites at $49/month.
- Enterprise – At last, to audit 15 websites with 10,000 pages/report limit, you’d have to pay $99/month.
If you are a digital marketing agency, SEO specialist, freelancer, or a new blogger who is looking for an SEO tool for day-to-day tasks then you should definitely try Netpeak Software.
Netpeak Software is a downloadable software whose primary task is to crawl your website as search engine spiders. However, in addition to this, Netpeak Software also provides site audit tools by the name of Netpeak Spider.
Features Of Netpeak Software Site Audit Tool
- Netpeak Software is capable enough to completely audit your site in a matter of minutes. Also, it also facilitates scraping data of websites.
- Among other SEO site audit tools, Netpeak Software is able to recognize and alert you about the 80+ technical SEO issues.
- Additionally, this tool also helps in viewing the source code and HTTP headers of your site pages without leaving the application.
Netpeak Software Pricing
Netpeak Software can be regarded as one of the cheapest SEO audit report tools. Since there are multiple tools that comprise Netpeak Software, they are available for purchase separately. Similarly, the site audit tool i.e. Netpeak Spider is available at monthly and yearly pricing plans.
- Standard – This plan would cost you $19/month for basic auditing of your site. The multi-domain crawling feature is not included in this plan.
- Pro – At $39/month, you would be able to use the multi-domain crawling feature.
- Custom – The custom plan starts at $249/month and allows you to use the site audit tool to its maximum extent.
Screaming Frog is yet another big name in the arena of Digital Marketing and SEO. Many SEO specialists and webmasters have relied on Screaming Frog for their technical SEO tasks.
Just like a few other site audit tools, Screaming Frog is available as downloadable desktop software. In normal circumstances, it is used as a crawler. But it can also function as a technical SEO site audit tool.
Features Of Screaming Frog Site Audit Tool
- Screaming Frog extends its power by allowing you to integrate it with Google Analytics, Google Seach Console, and PageSpeed Insights.
- Screaming Frog in addition to offering SEO site audit tools also allows you to visualize your site architecture in the form of a tree-graph structure.
Screaming Frog Pricing
Screaming Frog comprises many SEO tools and services. Hence, they have separate pricing for each of them, including Scream Frog SEO Spider. The site audit tool is available for free but with 500 URLs crawl limit and basic features.
By subscribing to the annual plan of £149, you get to crawl and audit unlimited site pages and also unlock advanced features.
No list of site audit tools would be complete without mentioning the mighty Moz. Apart from the site audit tool, Moz is also renowned for offering industry-best SEO tools,
Trust me, no other applications or platforms could offer better guidance when it comes to performing the SEO for your website. Such is the power and efficiency of Moz.
Features Of Moz Site Audit Tool
- Moz can easily crawl and audit bulky websites with thousands of pages. After auditing, it generates a visually appealing report and notifies you about your site’s SEO health.
- The site audit tool categorizes your technical SEO issues and also provides insights on how to fix them. Furthermore, Moz automatically alerts you about the new issues after every scheduled crawling.
- Unlike other SEO audit tools online, Moz allows you to recrawl your site again after fixing the issues that appeared initially.
If you don’t know it yet (which I highly doubt), Moz is a complete SEO suite for freelancers, bloggers, SEO agencies, etc. Hence, subscribing to its monthly or yearly pricing plans would grant access to all of its SEO tools. But before purchasing, make sure to use the 30 days free trial.
- Standard – If you want to crawl and audit up to 5 websites then you can subscribe to this plan by paying $99/month.
- Medium – The payment of $149/month would increase the crawl and audit limit to 30 sites.
- Large – Similarly, by paying $249/month, you would be able to audit 60 websites.
- Premium – This plan offers you the ability to audit 100 websites at the cost of $599/month.
8. Alexa (SEO Site Audit Tool)
It was uncommon that site audit tools lists and blogs would feature Alexa. But over the years, Amazon has developed Alexa into a beast marketing stack that offers almost all SEO tools.
But amidst all the marketing tools, its SEO site audit tool stands out from the rest. The webmasters who are using the Alexa site audit tool have claimed that it has played a significant role in improving their site’s SEO performance.
Features Of Alexa Site Audit Tool
- Alexa provides you the ability to schedule your site audits on a recurring basis. This way, you could easily find the SEO issues and fix them accordingly.
- The site audit tool of Alexa is also capable of analyzing your site speed and security issues. Besides this, Alexa will also alert you about the newly found issues.
- Alexa offers a site audit report download feature. This would allow you to prioritize your issues and send them to your webmasters and developers.
Just like many SEO toolkits or packages, Alexa offers a complete marketing stack. This stack includes multiple SEO modules like keyword research, backlink analysis, and also site audit report tools.
So, if you want to use the site audit tool, you’d have to purchase the complete Alexa marketing stack. If you are unsure about its efficacy, Alexa offers a 14 days free trial period too.
- Advanced – This plan would cost you $149/month and allows you to audit 1 website.
- Agency – At $299/month, you can extend your site auditing limits to 35 sites.
I hope you have thoroughly explored all the 7+ best site audit tools to check your SEO health.
Now, the only logical step is to choose the best SEO site audit tools and start fixing your SEO issues.
Trust me, leaving SEO issues unattended or unfixed could cause some serious troubles for your website. So, if I were you and if I have not already picked a website audit tool then I would do it fast.
Rest assured, I have personally tried each of the SEO audit report tools and found them very useful.
As always, feel free to let me know if you are already using some other auditing tool that I have not mentioned in this blog.
You May Also Read: