Are you looking for an in-depth QuillBot review? If yes, then your search will end here.
Because in this QuillBot review, I am going to cover QuillBot’s features, pricing, how does it work, Quill-modes, pros & cons and a lot more.
What We Covered In The QuillBot Review?
- What is QuillBot?
- QuillBot Features
- QuillBot Pricing
- How does QuillBot Works?
- QuillBot Summarizer tool
- QuillBot Grammar Checker
- Developer API
- QuillBot Pros & Cons
- Affiliate Program
- QuillBot Alternatives
- FAQs related to QuillBot
Let’s take a deep dig into the QuillBot review:
A Complete QuillBot Review 2021
What is QuillBot?
QuillBot is an affordable paraphrasing tool available on the market that uses the state-of-the-art AI to paraphrase any piece of content. The main purpose of the tool is to rephrase the content by changing the structure of the sentences and replacing words with their synonym, while preserving the meaning of the original content.
It was founded by three computer science students, Rohit Gupta, Anil Jason, and David Silin back in 2017. Since then, they are continuously adding new features and improving the quality of the product every day.
In addition to the paraphrasing tool, QuillBot also provides a summarizing and grammar checking tool under one roof.
You would be surprised to know that there are 10 million users across the world, including students, professionals, writers are using QuillBot to write content effectively.
Earlier, QuillBot used to offer five quill-modes for content quilling, but now they have added two new quill-modes and Summarizer features, which we have discussed below.
QuillBot offers a lot of features that help to make your writing process painless. We will discuss all features in detail in this Quillbot review.
- Clean & Neat Editor: It gives you a clean & neat environment to work in which any Newbie can access it without any technical knowledge.
- Web-based: Quillbot is a web-based tool so that you can access it anytime from anywhere and can do your work comfortably.
- Quill Modes: It gives seven quill modes for quilling content, which you can select according to your needs. Remember one thing all these modes will be liable for your content quality.
- Extensions & Add-ons: It also offers Google chrome extension, Microsoft Word, and Google Docs add-ons to make your task more easier.
- Summarizer: This tool help you to summarize any piece of content.
- Word Flipper: It lets you control the number of words replaced with the synonyms in your spun content. You can do so using its corresponding slider.
- Quillbot API: It provides an API as well. If you want to implement its functionality into your applications, you can do so using its API.
How Much Does QuillBot Cost?
QuillBot Free Plan
QuillBot has a forever free plan that grant access of following things with some limitations.
- Access of 3 Quill-modes (Standard, Fluency, & Creative)
- Paraphrase up to 400 characters at once.
- 3 Word flipper options
- Summarizer characters limit up to 5000
- Free access to Google Chrome and Google Docs extension
- 2 Sentenced processed at once
QuillBot Premium Plans
Its premium plans are quite cheap, which anyone can easily afford. Aside from that, you can see that as you progress to higher paid plans, it will charge you less money.
- Monthly Plan: You’d be charged $14.95 for a month.
- Semi-Annual Plan: If you subscribe to its Semi-Annual plan, you have to pay $59.95 every 6-months ($9.99/month).
- Annual Plan: You have to pay $79.95/year ($6.67/month) for an annual subscription.
QuillBot also provides a 3-day money-back guarantee.You can ask for a refund within 3-days if you’re not satisfied with the premium version of the tool.
How Does Quillbot Work?
QuillBot has a very intuitive editor that anyone can use without any prior knowledge.
First of all, you need to open QuillBot’s official website in the browser. It looks like this.
The best part about QuillBot is that you don’t even have to create an account to use the paraphrasing, grammar checking, and summarizing tool.
Note: The free version gives access to three quill-modes Standard, Fluency and Creative. To unlock the Creative Mode, you need to sign up on QuillBot. (Also, you can rephrase 400 characters only without creating an account, whereas it lets you paraphrase 700 characters at once after creating an account on QuillBot.)
To create an account on the QuillBot, click on the Burger menu in the top right corner and click on the “Create an Account” option.
You will be redirected to the signup page, where you can sign up using your Google or Facebook account, or by simply filling out a sign up form with your email, password, and name.
As soon as you signed up in the QuillBot, it will ask you to personalize your account or you can skip this step.
After that, you will be redirected to this page. It will show you what you will get in the free version. All you need to do is click on “Continue”
After clicking on continue, you will be represented with the QuillBot editor where you can paraphrase your content.
To rephrase your content with QuillBot, all you need to do is copy & paste the text in the editor which you want to paraphrase or simply upload your document from your system.
After that, you need to select the modes from Standard, Fluency, Creative, Creative+, Formal, Shorten, Expand. Keep in mind that, these modes are mainly responsible for quality of the paraphrased text.
Apart from that, you can see a “Synonyms” slider next to the modes. By adjusting the corresponding slider, you can control the frequency of the words replaced in the paraphrased results.
QuillBot is the fastest tool. As soon as you paste the text in the editor and hit the button, it will return paraphrased text in a few seconds.
There are seven modes provided by QuillBot. All these modes are the settings that are mainly responsible for the paraphrasing and the quality of generated content.
If you’re in the free plan, you are able to access only these modes including, Standard, Fluency, and Creative. To access to Creative+, Formal, Shorten, and Expand modes, you need to purchase the premium version.
- Standard: This is the default mode of Quillbot. It will make changes in your text with keeping the same meaning and try to create text that sounds natural.
- Fluency: This mode will make the least changes to your text and create the text that sounds more natural and grammatically correct. Moreover, this Fluency mode will keep the Word Flipper setting lowest as much as possible.
- Creative: As its name suggests, it is a creative one. This mode focuses on making more changes in the text as much as possible and try to create a text which is something different from the original one.
- Creative+: This is the enhanced version of Creative Mode AI that will do more intuitive changes and understand certain things such as common phrases and sayings in a better way.
- Formal: If you want to write in a business or academic context, then this mode is very useful for you. This mode modifies your text in a way that appropriates for your formal audience.
- Shorten: If you want to reduce the length of your text, then this mode will be helpful for you. Because this “Shorten Mode” will shorten your text without changing the meaning of the text.
- Expand: Want to increase your text length or overall word count? Recently, Quillbot added a new mode called “Expand Mode” in the system. This mode will try to add more words in the text as possible to increase the word count.
Another amazing feature of the Quillbot is Word Flipper that basically responsible for the number of words replaced by their synonyms in the paraphrasing content. Moreover, with the help of the slider, you can adjust the setting of word flipper to replace More words or Few words in your text. A more word flipper setting can affect the text accuracy.
QuillBot Summarizer Tool
It is the only tool in the market that lets you summarize any content with a few clicks. It can summarize the article, paper, and any document in a short paragraph. QuillBot’s AI uses natural language processing (NLP) to extract essential information while retaining original context.
It has two summarization types.
- Key Sentences – This mode grab the input and give you the most important sentences to you. Moreover, you can control how many sentences you get using the summary length slider.
- Paragraph – It will take the input text and summarize it into a paragraph. Also, it tries to create natural text that contains important key points. Moreover, You can control how long paragraph you want with the help of summary length slider.
In the free version, the summarizer character limit is 5000 characters. On the other hand, you can summarize up to 25000 characters in the premium version.
QuillBot Grammar Checking Tool
As I have mentioned before, QuillBot’s team is constantly adding new features to their platform. You’d be glad to know that they have recently introduced QuillBot Grammar Checking Tool that is completely free for the users. Like QuillBot Paraphrasing Tool, you can use its grammar checker without signing up into the software.
As soon as you paste the text into the editor, it will start showing grammatical errors, punctuation and spelling mistakes if they find any. As you can see in the below image, all the errors are highlighted with the red line. You can fix all those at once by clicking on the “Fix All Errors” button.
It has a developer API that enables you to use its AI functionality in their own applications or websites.
Quillbot API pricing
|Pro||$20||100000 Monthly Quota|
|Ultra||$150||1000000 Monthly Quota|
|Mega||$1300||10000000 Monthly Quota|
QuillBot Pros & Cons
- Simple and easy to use
- Affordable premium plans
- Forever Free plan is available
- Provides an developer API
- It is web-based tool
- Also, it offers Summarizer and grammar checker tool within a single platform.
- Word flipper and word freezing functionality offered by them.
- The free plan and premium plan both have characters limitations.
QuillBot Affiliate Program
QuillBot also has an affiliate program that anyone can join to promote it. After joining an affiliate program, you will get a unique referral link and promotional material that you can share on blogs & social media platforms and earn 20% commission by referring a paid customer to them.
Moreover, you can track clicks and earned commission via affiliate dashboard.
If you feel QuillBot has failed to full-fill all your requirements. You don’t need to be sad. There are some good alternatives that you can try. I have mentioned its top 3-competitors.
- Spin Rewriter (5-days free trial)
- The Best Spinner (No trial)
- Word Ai (3-days free trial)
Except TheBestSpinner 4, above mentioned, all the QuillBot alternatives come with a free trial so that you can try them before subscribing to their premium plan.
Quillbot Review Conclusion
QuillBot has gained popularity in a very-short span because of its quality, free plan as well as affordable paid plans. I would encourage you to give it a shot at its free version. If you find a perfect fit for your needs, then you can upgrade your plan anytime.
I hope this QuillBot review will help you to know about its working, features, and pricing.
Our Rating: 5/5
Most Frequently Asked Questions
I have covered Most Frequently Asked Questions in the Quillbot review.
Quillbot is an affordable and cost-effective Paraphrasing tool available in the market. Its main purpose is to rephrase the content by preserving the meaning of the original content. It was founded by Rohit Gupta, Anil Jason, and David Silin back in 2017. Since then, they are continuously adding new features and improving the quality of the product.
Quillbot comes with very affordable paid plans. Quillbot’s Monthly, Semi-annual, and Annual plan charge you respectively $4.95/month, $24.96 billed every 6-months ($4.15/month), $39.95/year ($3.33/month). It is a pocket-friendly price that anyone can afford.
Yes. QuillBot offers a free plan with core features and few limitations which you can use for free as long as you need.
Yes, Quillbot has a developer API that you can use to implement Quillbot’s functionality into your application.