Looking for SpyFu alternatives because you have realized that it isn’t efficient enough?
As surprising as it may sound but believe me when I say – SpyFu isn’t the best competitor analysis tool available in the market.
Yes, the inexpensive pricing plans may make it a good option. But when it comes to efficiency and accuracy, SpyFu doesn’t make a good impression.
Hence, it’s logical and a good decision to start looking for SpyFu competitors or some similar software.
But choosing the best SpyFu alternative is a back-breaking task. There are tons of competitor analysis tools that claim to be the best, making the task even more confusing.
Luckily, I have personally taken it on myself to go ahead and find all the top alternatives for you.
But before we dive into detail, allow me to briefly talk about –
What Is SpyFu?
SpyFu (previously known as GoogSpy) is one of the oldest competitor analysis tools that started offering its services in 2005.
It excels in analyzing and discovering your competitors’ SEO and PPC strategies. With this tool, you can uncover top keywords, top pages, backlinks, PPC AdWords keywords, etc. of your competitors.
With the help of this, you can adopt the strategies used by your competitors to improve your business growth.
Another great quality of SpyFu is that it allows you to analyze or search for unlimited competitors. Not only this, but it also allows unlimited searches and unlimited data exports.
In spite of all the great features, there’s a negative side of using SpyFu too. And, because of this, here’s –
Why You Should Look For SpyFu Alternatives?
- SpyFu does not allow you to identify new competitors. It is only functional is you know about your competitors beforehand.
- The data or search results provided by SpyFu is heavily dependent on your competitors.
- There is no provision of analyzing your own backlink profiles.
- Despite offering 10 years of historical data, SpyFu’s database isn’t large enough.
- It doesn’t provide accurate analysis and data of your competitors.
If you haven’t already noticed, SpyFu only offers competitor analysis services. And, all the other SEO or PPC related features are codependent on your competitors.
Also, in order to use proper SEO features, you’d have to rely on other software.
What you need is a software that offers all the SEO (also PPC if required) features in a single dashboard. Here are all the alternatives to SpyFu that does a better job than it –
SEMrush is not only the best SpyFu alternative but it is also regarded as one of the best “all-in-one” SEO tools. You could estimate the accuracy of SEMrush when I tell you that it has a database of 19 billion keywords and 760 million domains.
Due to this awesome performance, SEMrush has managed to acquire a clientele of over 5 million users. It includes some of the top organizations like eBay, Quora, HP, Booking.com, etc.
Note – Read my SEMrush vs SpyFu review for an in-depth comparison.
Relevant Features Of SEMrush
- SEMrush provides deepest and laser-accurate insights on your competitors at the regional, national, and global levels.
- You can also monitor your competitors’ rankings on desktop & mobile devices. Uncovering their top keywords, top pages, and their estimated organic traffic is also possible.
- Unlike SpyFu, SEMrush allows you to discover your new competitors. This would help you stay ahead of them all the time.
Other Important Features Of SEMrush
- Keyword research
- PPC keyword tool
- Backlink analysis
- Position tracking
- Content marketing & research
- On-site audit
- Social media monitoring tool
How Much Does SEMrush Cost?
Since SEMrush provides all the SEO and PPC solutions in a single software, it’s pricing is expensive but perfectly justified. It offers a full-fledged 7 days free trial in addition to 3 subscription plans.
- Pro – This plan comes with a price tag of $99.95/month.
- Guru – It will cost you $199.95/month to subscribe to this plan.
- Business – The plan is chargeable at the rate of $399.95/month.
Mangools is the most unique alternative to SpyFu I’ve ever come across. While other software offers all the features in a single dashboard, Mangools take a unique step by offering 5 different SEO modules in a single package.
It includes keyword research, SERP analysis, rank analysis, backlink tracking, and SEO insights of any domain. Because of its unique approach, many enterprises like Airbnb, Adidas, Deloitte, etc. have used Mangools and its tools.
Relevant Features Of Mangools
- With the help of the Mangools keyword research tool, you can find out the keywords for which your competitors rank.
- The Google SERP analysis tool of Mangools tells you about 45+ SEO metrics of your competitors.
- Mangools is highly efficient in mining the backlinks of your competitors along with necessary metrics like Trust Flow, Citation Flow, etc.
Other Important Features Of Mangools
- On-point keyword analysis
- Search volume with historical data
- Local and global SERP analysis
- Backlink analysis tool
- Daily rank monitoring
- Interactive custom reports
- SEO analysis
- Content research
How Much Does Mangools Cost?
Among all the alternatives of SpyFu, Mangools offers all the features and SEO modules in a single package. Moreover, to help you explore the tools, Mangools offers a full 10 days free trial. After that, you can subscribe to any of its 3 premium plans.
- Basic – The cost of this plan is $29.90/month with an annual subscription.
- Premium – If you opt for yearly billing, this plan would cost you $39.90/month.
- Mangools Agency – This plan will come at $79.90/month if you opt for annual billing.
Serpstat has recently surfaced as one of the leading SpyFu alternatives and a complete SEO platform altogether. The reason behind its success is its ease of use, accuracy, and an array of flexible solutions.
In addition to this, Serpstat leaves no stones unturned by offering browser extensions for Chrome, Firefox, and Opera. Also, because of these amenities, Serpstat has managed to acquire a clientele that included top players like Shopify, L’Oréal, Lenovo, etc.
Relevant Features Of Serpstat
- With the recent development and launch of Serpstat’s backlink index, it has become the 5th SEO solutions software to offer it. This also means that the backlink analysis or your competitors will be highly accurate and consists of latest results.
- Serpstat also allows you to identify your organic and paid competitors with minimal efforts.
- You can also monitor rankings of your competitors for unlimited keywords on a daily basis.
Other Important Features Of Serpstat
- Keyword research for SEO & PPC
- Tons of keyword suggestions
- SERP analysis of keywords
- Advertising analysis
- Content marketing & research
- Rank monitoring
- Improved backlink analysis
- Technical SEO site audit
- Custom reporting & API
How Much Does Serpstat Cost?
If you want to use a SpyFu alternative free of cost then Serpstat is your best option. It offers a forever free plan along with 4 subscription plans.
Having said that, the premium version of Serpstat shines in all the aspects. Hence, I would advise you to opt for its premium plans. Also, to negate the load of your expense –
Here is a discount promo code: MYWPLIFE
This coupon will offer you a discount on any Serpstat plan:
- 10% on a 3-month subscription
- 15% on a 6-month subscription
- 25% on a 12-month subscription
But you’ve got to act fast as it’s active until 30th June.
- Lite – $69 per month.
- Standard – The plan is charged at $149 per month.
- Advanced – Similarly, the subscription of this plan will cost you $299 per month.
- Enterprise – Lastly, this plan comes at a price of $499 per month.
4. SE Ranking
SE Ranking has emerged as one of the most simple to use but highly efficient SEO tool in recent times. Hence, it was logical to include it as one of the best SpyFu alternatives.
You’d be glad to know that it has a user base of over 300,000 and most of these satisfied users have highly rated on review-based websites. Some of the most notable names that trust SE Ranking are Zapier, Trustpilot, Cars.com, Bed Bath & Beyond, etc.
Relevant Features Of SE Ranking
- Just like other SpyFu competitors, SE Ranking also allows you to discover new SEO and PPC competitors.
- It also exposes all the top keywords of your competitors along with their historical data.
- SE Ranking offers one of the best backlink analysis tools. It helps you to learn about the backlink building strategy of your competitors.
Other Important Features Of SE Ranking
- 100% accurate keyword research
- Keyword suggestion tool
- Marketing planner
- Complete site audit
- Rank tracking module
- Backlink analysis
- Reports & White Labeling
- Team or user management
- Social media management
How Much Does SE Ranking Cost?
It’s natural to assume that SE Ranking would be expensive. But that’s not the case at all with it. On the contrary, 3 different but cheap pricing plans with multiple billing frequencies. Also, you have the flexibility to choose your rank checking frequency too.
Since there are several billing options, here’s a brief summary of SE Ranking pricing for monthly billing cycle –
- Optimum – The plan has a price tag of $39/month.
- Plus – At the same time, this plan will cost you $89/month.
- Enterprise – At last, you will have to pay $189/month for its subscription.
Ahrefs has been at the pinnacle of success due to its wide array of SEO tools and resources. Among these tools, it also provides a state of the art competitor analysis tool that makes it a viable SpyFu alternative.
As a consequence of this, many highly-reputed companies have started using Ahrefs. Some of them include Facebook, Adobe, LinkedIn, Netflix, Uber, etc.
Relevant Features Of Ahrefs
- It is regarded as one of the top tools for exploring organic and paid traffic statistics of your clients.
- Ahrefs also has one of the biggest backlink indexes. It means that you have the latest and most accurate backlink profile of any domain.
- You can also track the ranking of your competitors for different regions and countries.
Other Important Features Of Ahrefs
- Organic & paid traffic research
- Backlink analysis
- Keyword research tool with search volume
- Tons of keyword suggestion with difficult scores
- Advanced SEO metrics
- SERP analyzer with SERP features
- Rank tracking module
- Content gap
- Complete domain analysis
- On-site SEO audit
How Much Does Ahrefs Cost?
With so many awesome features and tools to offer, Ahrefs is regarded as the best premium alternative to SpyFu. Evidently, the pricing is on the expensive side.
To combat this burden on your pocket, Ahrefs offers a 7 days trial period at just $7. Also, if you opt for the annual billing cycle, you will get 2 months free.
- Lite – By paying $99/month, you can start using Ahrefs.
- Standard – The subsequent plan i.e. Standard would be chargeable at $179/month
- Advanced – $399/month is the recurring fee that you’d have to pay if you want to subscribe to this plan.
- Agency – The Agency plan can be acquired at $999/month.
Just like another SpyFu alternative (Mangools), SEO PowerSuite also provides you with 4 different SEO tools. But the characteristic that differentiates SEO PowerSuite and SpyFu (and Mangools too) is that it is downloadable software.
Now, don’t even think that it would be ineffective due to its downloadable nature. On the contrary, it works wonders for all the SEO professionals and agencies. Hence, it caters to some global giants like Microsoft, Disney, IBM, Nestle, Intel, etc.
Relevant Features Of SEO PowerSuite
- It has the most sophisticated rank tracking module. Due to this, you can track the ranks of your competitors in any geographical area.
- SEO PowerSuite provides you the ability to spy on your competitors’ backlinks by showing you their historical backlink profile of 1 year.
- The software also has the potential to calculate & compare your SEO score by analyzing the performance of your top competitors.
Other Important Features Of SEO PowerSuite
- On-point keyword research tool
- PPC ads optimization
- Extensive backlink index
- Ability to show historical data
- Domain comparison
- Unlimited rank tracking
- Custom reporting
- Complete SEO audit
- Link building tool
- API access
How Much Does SEO PowerSuite Cost?
If you have ever dreamt of using a premium SpyFu alternative free of cost then your dream may come true with SEO PowerSuite. It provides a completely free version with generous feature usage limits. Apart from this, it has a couple of premium plans.
- Professional – You can get this plan at $299/year.
- Enterprise – Similarly, this plan can be acquired at $699/year.
AccuRanker has a prolific history of providing accurate rank tracking services. Hence, if you are just looking for rank tracking functionality in your SpyFu alternative tool then AccuRanker would be perfect for you.
Talking about the efficiency, you should be relieved to know that it incorporates the fastest rank tracker. Because of this, it has acquired a loyal clientele that includes Ikea, SalesForce, McDonald’s, HubSpot, etc.
Relevant Features Of AccuRanker
- It allows you to track the globals & local ranks of your competitors by just entering relevant keywords.
- AccuRanker is well equipped to track ranks for your rivals for desktop and mobile SERPs.
- This software can also provide you with the required historical data for competitor rank analysis.
Other Important Features Of AccuRanker
- On-demand rank updates
- SERP features & history
- Unlimited domain management
- Unlimited team members
- Tons of 3rd party integration
- Customized reporting
- Drag & drop report builder
How Much Does AccuRanker Cost?
It is one of the few alternatives to SpyFu that allows you to calculate your own monthly or yearly pricing as per your needs. This makes AccuRanker significantly flexible and transparent.
The pricing is built on the basis of the number of keywords required for rank tracking. Therefore, there are multiple levels of keywords and their subsequent pricings. The pricing starts at –
- Monthly Billing – For tracking 1,000 keywords, you’d have to pay $109/month.
- Yearly Billing – At the same time if you opt for a yearly billing option, you’d be charged at the rate of $99/month for tracking 1,000 keywords.
Rankwatch is one of the most underrated alternatives of SpyFu. In spite of this, having started just a few years earlier, it has managed to grow a huge clientele in India. It includes RedBus, Reliance, MakeMyTrip, BookMyShow, etc.
Talking about the function, it claims to make SEO easy for you. For this, the software offers various utilities like rank tracking, backlink analysis, SERP analysis, etc.
Relevant Features Of Rankwatch
- With the help of Rankwatch, you can identify your closest organic and paid competitors.
- The PPC ads competitor analysis is so advanced that it allows you to monitor their individual Google ads along with its targeted keywords.
- Rankwatch also furnishes your competitors’ backlink analysis requirements.
Other Important Features Of Rankwatch
- Accurate rank tracking
- Backlink analysis
- Thorough competitor research
- Technical site audit
- Keyword research feature
- White labeling
- SERP tracking
How Much Does Rankwatch Cost?
Modesty oozes out from Rankwatch pricing, hence making it the perfect alternative to SpyFu. It offers a 14 days free trial period and 3 subscription plans. You have the option to avail subscription for 1 month, 6 months, or 1 year.
Also, the pricing is built around the number of keywords required. This means that you can track unlimited competitors.
- M – You can track 250 keywords under this plan at the cost of $29/month.
- L – The keyword tracking limit in this plan is 1,500 and it would cost you $99/month.
- XL – 7,500 is the keyword tracking limit and it would be chargeable at $449/month.
Apart from this, there is a custom plan builder that depends on the number of keywords required.
iSpionage is the final missing software in this list of SpyFu alternatives. Mentioning it at the end doesn’t mean that it’s ineffective or bad in any way. It has one of the best “paid ads analysis” modules.
To further back my words, I would like to mention a few of their notable clients – Microsoft, Autodesk, GroupM, etc. And, there are over 35,000 PPC advertisers and agencies that are satisfied with its service.
Relevant Features Of iSpionage
- Just as I have mentioned earlier, it has one of the best competitor analysis tools for PPC or AdWords keywords.
- If you are unaware of your competitors, iSpionage will help you reveal your fiercest competitors in the PPC sector.
- Apart from the paid modules, iSpionage can also help you discover SEO or organic keywords or your competitors.
Other Important Features Of iSpionage
- Complete competitor analysis
- PPC ad campaigns effectiveness score
- User journey report
- SEO keywords
- SEM monitoring at local & global level
- Keyword rank tracking
- Content gap analysis
How Much Does iSpionage Cost?
iSpionage is yet another free SpyFu alternative that offers a forever free trial plan. In addition to this, there are 3 premium subscription plans, available with monthly and yearly billing cycles.
- Starter – The cost of this plan is $59/month.
- Professional – The monthly charge of this plan will be $99/month.
- Advanced – The final plan of iSpionage would cost you $299/month.
Here are the 8+ best SpyFu alternatives that you can employ to analyze and surpass your competitors.
Now, all the above-mentioned SpyFu competitors have been personally tried and tested by me. So you should be assured to know that they offer the best feature set that would cater to your needs.
All you have to do now is pick one and start using it. Although, if you are still having second thoughts about them, I would strongly encourage you to at least sign up for its free trial. This would allow you to know which alternative software works best for you.
Apart from this, if you have any queries, feel free to drop them in the comments section.
Browse More SEO Tools: