Are you searching for the best proofreading tools & software to fine-tune your written text?
Well, the market is flooded with a wide range of online tools that do the job for you. We accumulated 3 best software that you can use to writer error-free content.
If you’re in a hurry, here is an overview of the listed best proofreading tools:
Best Paid & Free Proofreading Tools
List of Best Proofreading Tools & Software of 2021
You would have probably heard of the name of Grammarly as it is one of the best writing assistant and online proofreading tool out there. The software is not only spot or correct your grammar mistakes but also gives suggestions along with explanations. This would be a powerful tool for those who are belongs from the writing field whether you are students, professional, writers, or bloggers. We all need proofreading tools when we write something.
One of the interesting things about Grammarly is that they provide a free version of their software which you can use as long as you want.
The difference between the free and premium version is that its free version gives basic writing suggestions to you whereas the premium version facilitates with you advance writing suggestions, clarity, plagiarism detection, style, and clarity improvements.
Here are other great features offered by Grammarly:
- There is a Plagiarism detection feature available in the premium version
- You can download its browser extension whether you use Safari, Chrome, Edge, or Internet Explorer.
- Apart from grammar, Grammarly also checks for text clarity, tone, formality level, inclusive language, politeness, and other factors.
I would say it is one of the best free online proofreading software, and a great option for students, and for those who have just started out. I also used its free version in my early days. In their free version, you will get basic writing suggestions, but still, it is worth trying.
Grammarly Premium Plans for Individual
- Monthly: $23.96/mo
- Quarterly: $15.99/mo (One time payment of $47.99 for every 3-months )
- Annual: $9.33/mo (One time payment of $111.96 for each year)
Grammarly Business Plans
This plan is perfect for up to 149 team members and it starts from $25 /month/ member but if you subscribe to its annual plan then it would charge you $12.50/month/member.
2. QuillBot Grammar Checker
Probably, you would familiar with the name of the QuillBot tool which is known as for paraphrasing tool. But recently, they have introduced QuillBot Grammar Checker that provides you with a simple and easy-to-use environment for proofreading.
What you need to do is just copy & paste your text, as soon as you paste the text, it will start reviewing your text and detect all the grammar errors, spelling, and punctuation mistakes. To fix errors, you need to click on the “Fix All Errors” button and it will fix all the errors at one click.
Here are other great features offered by QuillBot:
- In addition to the proofreading tool, QuillBot provides a summarizing and paraphrasing tool within one platform.
- Like other tools, it also has extensions for Chrome and Microsoft Word.
- QuillBot is a free proofreading software so that you can use it for free as long as you wish.
Free Plan: It is a completely free online proof reading tool that help you locate spelling, typos, and grammar mistakes for free. However, the Grammar Checker tool is available in the beta version right now.
Next, we have ProWritingAid in our list, which is another excellent proofreading tool used by millions of users including students, professionals writers, bloggers, authors, across the world.
Moreover, they offer various integrations with writing platforms to avoid the hustle of copy & pasting the text every time you write, so that you can write error-free whether you are writing on Google Docs, Open Office, Scrivener, Microsoft Word, WordPress, or social media platforms.
Here are other great features offered by ProWritingAid:
- The ProWritingAid proofreader reviews your whole text and locates the errors and makes your text clear and engaging by fixing all the mistakes.
- There is a web API that you can integrate into your site and start checking grammar, style, and spelling in real-time.
- Moreover, they also offer plugins for WordPress, Quill, Helpdesk platforms, TextArea, TinyMCE, TextArea, etc.
Free Plan: The free version allows you to proofread 500 words at a time. Apart from this, you will get 19 writing reports and a summary reports of key issues.
- Monthly: $20
- Yearly: $79
- Lifetime: $399 One-time fee
- Monthly: $24
- Yearly: $89
- Lifetime: $499 One-time fee
Now, you have a list of paid and free online proofreading tools for writers that you can try and explore at your end before purchasing, as all the mentioned software here has offered a free plan.
If you want to make your content free from grammatical and typo errors, then proofread your text by using the above-mentioned best proofreading tools & software and fine-tuned your text before sharing it with your readers. The fine-tuned text delivers your message clearly and engages your readers with your writing.
FAQ related to Online Proofreading Tools
I’d say Grammarly; I’ve been using it to proofread my content since I began my blogging journey. In the beginning, I used its free version, which is a great option for beginners who have just started their blogging career.
Here are some of the best free proofreading websites:
Yes, Grammarly is a tool that offers a proofreading app for Android and iOS users.
A proofreading tool is a writing mentor that detects grammar, spellings, styles, and punctuation errors and gives suggestions for each mistake with the explanation, and fixes all the errors in a click.
There are some techniques that you can use to write error-free content.
– Read your content slowly and carefully,
– Double-check your content before sharing,
– Use proofreading tools to write and proof read your text.
Is there any other best proofreading tool that I missed? Do let me know via comment section below?
If you find the article useful, please share it on your social media platforms. Thanks in advance.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Best Grammar Checking Software
- Summarizing Tools
- Best Grammarly Alternatives