What is URL Shorteners?
A URL shortener is a tool that turns your long & ugly URL into the short one. It does not only make URL beautiful but also tracks the performance of the individual URL.
Benefits of Using URL Shorteners:
- When you post lengthy & ugly URLs on the social media platform, it may look spammy or sloppy. To avoid begin to consider as the spammy link you can make a clean and concise link using URL shorteners.
- One more advantage of using a URL shortener is you can track your link performance so you can find out which part of the content performed well.
- Some social media platforms have characters limit such as LinkedIn and Twitter allows to post only 600 and 280 characters respectively. Here this tool helps you play within the limit.
Do you want to shorten the long and ugly URLs?
Let’s take a deep dive into the list of Best URL Shorteners and find the right one for you.
1. Bitly – Best URL Shortener
Bitly is the best free as well as paid URL shortener tool comes with a comprehensive dashboard where one can track the performance of the links such as click-through rate, geographic data of the people who clicked on the link, channels stats, and so on.
The tool can connect with social media management software such as Sprout, HubSpot, Buffer, Hootsuite, and Sprinklr to let you share shorten links using social media accounts.
- Free – Free account allows you to create 1000 links in a month and includes link filtration, reporting, social posting and 1 user seat.
- Basic -This plan will charge you $35/month ($29/month on annual purchase) to create 1500 branded links, and include 1 free custom domain, and 1user seat.
- Customized solution – If you want to create from 3000 to 500,000 branded links then this plan made for you. To get the pricing you can contact their sales team.
2. Tiny.cc – Free URL Shortener
Tiny.cc is the free URL shortener tool that lets you create, track and manage tiny URLs in a single click. All you have to do is just copy the long url and paste it into the text box and click on the shorten button.
Register and paid users able to edit them later but free users or non registered users can’t edit and track them later.
If you want more advanced features, you can switch to their paid version.
TinyCC.com is the premium version of Tiny.cc. It contains 100 more features than free one.
Note: Both accounts are not linked to each other. You have to create separate account to sign up.
Free: Tiny.cc is completely free tool that you can use forever free.
Tiny.com comes with 4 premium plans along with 7 days free trial.
- Basic – It cost $5 for a month and includes 1 custom domain, 1,000 Clicks/link/day, 500 link creation, and 2 users.
- Business – It offers some advanced features to boost business growth and would cost you $25/month for 3 custom domain, 5,000 Clicks/link/day, 10,000 link creation, and 10 users.
- Pro – This plan is a perfect choice for marketers, agencies, and developers. It would be charged $49/month for 10 custom domain, 15,000 Clicks/link/day, 50,000 link creation, and 50 users.
- Enterprise – It is a custom plan that comes with custom limits. To know the pricing details you can contact them.
3. Rebrandly – Link Shrinker
Rebrandly is the most effective way to create tiny URLs and brand links. This link shortener platform trusted by 250,000 customers across the world.
With Rebrandly, you don’t need any technical knowledge as it will manage all the technical stuff for you.
All you need to do is select the domain that fits for your business, and Rebrandly will have you share branded links in a matter of a minute.
- Free – Free plan allows you to create 500 branded links, 5 custom domains and track 5000 clicks.
- Starter – In $29/month ($24/month on annual payment), you will get 5 custom domains, create 5000 branded links, and track 25000 clicks in a month.
- Pro – Under the plan, you would be charged $69/month ($58/mo on annual payment) for 5 custom domains, 15,000 branded link creation, and can track 150,000 clicks in a month.
- Premium – The plan cost $499/mo ($416/mo on annual payment) for 20 custom domains, 150,000 branded link creation, and can track 1,500,000 clicks in a month.
- Enterprise – This is a custom plan where each feature can be customized according to your requirements.
4. Pretty Links Free Link Shortener Plugin
Pretty link is the most popular WordPress plugin for links shrinking and affiliate link management. You can grab the plugin from wordpress.org for Free.
If you are a beginner then, you can go with the free plugin without any second thoughts.
Its paid version is the best for super affiliates and digital marketing experts as it covered advanced functionalists that offer a great experience.
- Beginner -This plan will charge you $59/year for 1 WordPress site, essential Pro features, advanced redirect types, auto-create pretty links, auto-link keywords, and 1 Year Support.
- Marketer – Under the plan, you have to pay $99/year for 3 WordPress sites, essential Pro features, advanced redirect types, auto-create pretty links, auto-link keywords, advanced add-ons, and 1 Year Support.
- Super Affiliates – The plan would charge $199/year for 5 WordPress sites, essential Pro features, advanced redirect types, auto-create pretty links, auto-link keywords, advanced add-ons, 1 Year Support and priority support.
5. BL.ink – Top URL Shortner
It is one of the topmost URL shorteners out there. It turns clunky URLs into the meaningful links that get clicks & engage the audience as well.
Moreover, it provides a comprehensive report where one can track the performance like clicks by date & time, geographic, device, language, referrers.
This Link Shortener can be integrated with Web analytics tools such as Adobe, Google, and many more.
BL.ink has offered flexible plans that you can opt according to your business needs.
- Free – Get 1,000-lifetime links, 1,000 clicks per link, 1 user, one custom domain, unlimited redirects, smart Links, & branded Links at free of cost.
- Expert – Includes everything in free plan plus 10,000-lifetime links, 7,500 clicks per link, 3 users, unlimited custom domains, and private reports & analytics at $12/mo.
- SMB – Get everything in expert plan plus 50,000-lifetime links, 15000 clicks per link, 15 users, unlimited custom domains, multiple redirection types, and private reports & analytics at $99/mo.
- Team – At $299/mo, you will get all the features that SMB plan have, 250,000-lifetime links, 30,000 clicks per link, 25 users, 500 dynamic links, priority support and a lot more.
- Business – It costs $599/mo for everything in team plan plus, 500,000-lifetime links, 60,000 clicks per link, 50 users, 1000 dynamic links, priority support. dedicated engineer, and a lot more.
6. Ow.ly – Tiny URL Creator
Another tiny URL creator Ow.ly which is developed by Hootsuite. You will get Ow.ly in every free Hootsuite account.
Ow.ly is the best option for those who is already using Hootsuite for the management of social media account.
It is very simple to shorten links, distribute them on the social media platform, and track the traffic in a single Hootsuite dashboard.
7. Snip.ly – Premium Link Shortener
Snip.ly is the premium link shortener tool that generate unique links for you to share on the site or social media.
With Sniply, you can monitor each link stats that you share how they are engaging with the audience, click rates, conversion rates, and much more.
Furthermore, with Sniply, you can create different snip like Text Snip, Image Snip, Button Snip, Form Snip, and Hidden snip that drives more conversion.
Snip.ly offers four premium plans and all plan comes with 14 days free trial.
- Basic – The plan is a good option for personal branding as it costs $29/mo ($25/mo on annual payment) for unlimited links, 1 team member, 2 brand profiles and 5000 clicks.
- Pro – It is the most popular plan for professional marketers which costs $79/mo ($66/mo on annual payment) for unlimited links, 3 team members, 6 brand profiles, and 20,000 clicks.
- Business – You have to pay $149/mo ($125/mo on annual payment) for unlimited links, 5 team members, 10 brand profiles, and 50,000 clicks.
- Agency – It is an ideal option for multiple clients where you would be charged $299/mo ($250/mo on annual payment) for unlimited links, 10 team members, 50 brand profiles, and 250,000 clicks.
These are the best and affordable URL shorteners out there. You can pick one of them for your business.
Above mentioned link shorteners a few of the free and few of them offer a free trial, so you can explore each tool before investing your money into them.
You may also like: